The following privacy statement applies to all activities conducted by getNEXT, be it through any of its businesses, offices or over any of its websites.
Collection of personal information
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
The type of information that we may collect and hold includes personal information about:
- clients and potential clients, and their employees’, information about individuals we collect in the course of conducting business;
- vendors, suppliers and their employees;
- employees, prospective employees and contractors; and
- other people who come into contact with getNEXT.
In general, the type of personal information that we collect and hold includes names, addresses, contact details, titles, e-mail addresses, occupations, details of the products and services that they may have purchased from us or that which they may have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to enquiries, information that you provide to us through our customer surveys, information associated with getNEXT marketing events and other information which assist us in conducting business, providing and/or marketing services and meeting legal obligations. We may also collect ‘sensitive information’, such as information about an individual’s payment history or buying habits.
As a provider of a range of information technology products, services and resource solutions, our primary purpose for collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information is to facilitate the efficient provision of quality information technology products and services. Specifically, we collect personal information so that we can:
- identify you, your company and conduct appropriate checks;
- understand your requirements and provide you with a product or service;
- set up, administer and manage our products, services and systems;
- manage, train and develop our employees and representatives;
- conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- provide for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of getNEXT, its contractors or service providers
- manage complaints and disputes;
- understand your needs, your behaviours and how you interact with us, so we can engage in product and service research, development and business strategy including managing the delivery of our services and products via the ways that we communicate with you;
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
If you do not agree to provide us with your personal information, this may limit our ability to provide our services and solutions to you effectively. If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you, or someone else you know, with the services and solutions that you, or they, are seeking.
If you access our website, we may collect additional personal information about you in the form of your IP address or domain name. Our website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of linked websites and any linked websites are not subject to our privacy policies and procedures.
How do we collect personal information?
We generally collect personal information:
- from you directly when you provide your details to us;
- when you purchase our solutions, products and services;
- from you indirectly through emails, forms, face-to-face meetings, interviews, registration and attendance at seminars, business cards and telephone conversations and through use of the services and facilities available through www.getnext.com.au, including receiving subscriptions, events, workshops, seminars, blogs and other social media;
- from outlets to which you contribute;
- when we purchase your products and services;
- when we respond to your inquiries and requests;
- when we obtain feedback from you about our solutions and services;
- when we conduct our administrative and business functions;
- when we market our products, solutions and services to you; and
- through your access and use of our websites.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities.
We may disclose your personal information to our employees and related bodies corporate.
We may also disclose your personal information to:
- third-party service providers, contractors, and suppliers with whom we have a commercial relationship for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
Direct Marketing Materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and ACMA [Australian Communications and Media Authority] regulations. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information.
Data quality, access and correction
You may request access to personal information we hold about you by making a written request. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period. We may charge you a reasonable fee for processing your request (but not for making a request for access).
We may decline a request for access to personal information in circumstances prescribed by the Privacy Act, and if we do, we will provide you with a written notice that sets out the reasons for the refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those reasons).
If, upon receiving access to your personal information, or at any other time, you believe the personal information that we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify us immediately. We take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date. If we refuse to correct your personal information, then we will provide you with a written notice that sets out the reasons for our refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those reasons) and provide you with a statement regarding the mechanisms available to you to make a complaint.
How do you make a privacy related complaint?
If you have any questions about privacy related issues or wish to complain about a potential breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or the handling of your personal information by us, please contact us using the information below. We may ask you to lodge your complaint in writing. Any complaint will be investigated and you will be notified of any decision in relation to your complaint as soon as is practicable after it has been made, usually within 30 days.
Address: getNEXT Pty Ltd, 12/22 Fitzroy St, St Kilda VIC 3182
Telephone: 1300 899 945
Facsimile: 1300 899 945
Are we likely to disclose your personal information overseas?
We may disclose your personal information to the following overseas recipients:
- other companies or individuals who assist us in providing solutions and services or who perform functions on our behalf (such as third-party service providers), located in countries where we are engaged in business or related activities with you or your company or organisation;
- regulatory authorities;
- anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it; and
- anyone else where authorised by law.
We will take steps to contractually ensure that overseas recipients of your personal information provide a level of protection for your personal information which is equivalent to the APPs.
As an information technology company, getNEXT employs state of the art security systems and procedures to ensure the integrity and security of personal information held by the company. We hold personal information in electronic form in databases and email files that require logins and passwords. getNEXT personnel are also contractually bound by confidentiality obligations.
Despite the high level of information security employed within getNEXT and its commitment to your privacy, the company is unable to provide an absolute assurance that personal information will remain secure at all times. getNEXT, therefore, does not accept any responsibility for incidences of unauthorised access to personal information, which is provided at your own risk. Likewise, getNEXT does not guarantee the security or privacy compliance of any websites that are accessible through links provided on any of its websites.
getNEXT will delete from its systems any of your personal information held by the company on your request except where getNEXT is required by law to retain the information.
getNEXT’s personnel will respect a request for anonymity however some of getNEXT’s business processes cannot be completed effectively with either party remaining anonymous.
getNEXT does not require that you supply any sensitive information to the company unless it is essential for the purpose of the conduct of business. This type of information will not be collected without your consent.